16 Oct 2012

Time for some fall decoration

ελληνικό κείμενο 

Things are a little slow in our new home as far as it concerns decorating. We had to deal with more practical issues such as heating and waterproofing the roof. And since painting and furniture makeovers and choosing some new fabrics and curtains are delayed I decided to fool myself by playing with the details. In fact that has always been my favorite part. After deciding the place of the furniture (we were done with that early) and choosing colors and painting the walls, after deciding about curtains and throw pillows, comes the never ending game of making arrangements with decorative objects. I can spend hours grouping things together, steping back, take something off, changing an object's place or trying new combinations. I don't have an infinite collection of decorative items so this process helps me look at them with a new eye.





So I thought it was time for some fall decoration in our house. I overlooked the fact that 31°C is practical a summer temperature and brought some fall on the mantel and the dining table. I love how the garden can provide you with the materials to make something beautiful, and how garden finds, leaves, twigs, pinecones, add color and texture to your arrangements making them far more interesting. Beauty is hidden in the simple and humble things.



P.S. My camera is broken and the pictures are taken with my (very) old mobile and are of course edited. 


This post is linked to the following link parties:

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Your decorations look lovely!

Meeha Meeha said...

I wanna steal that turquoise mantel and go to bed with it! Pinning!

Erin said...

Love the blue with the fall colors and your pictures turned out beautifully. I never would have guessed that you weren't using your usual camera!

Bernideen said...

I hope you will include me in your blog link list - thanks for linking to "Open House". What a sweet style you have!

plumbing said...

If hanging art on the balcony walls is not permitted then think of art pieces that are freestanding, such as garden statues and structures.