5 Nov 2012

Cara Carmina's little people

ελληνικό κείμενο 

The internet has spoiled us. We have access, every day, to the most beautiful houses, the most creative ideas, the most inspired crafting projects, the most stylish outfits. And this is good, because when you are aware of the best, you want to become better yourself. But in this ocean of visual delight it gets harder and harder to get pleasantly surprised.

But luckily not impossible.

As I stumbled upon Cara Carmina art dolls, my heart beat faster and my eyes opened wide as when you unexpectedely discover a treasure. It was a coup de foudre.
Norma Andreou is an illustrator who became a doll maker. She uses paper, fabric and a sewing machine to give life to her characters.




  







The paper dolls are my favorite. I love how simple their lines are, yet how lively they look, they seem to call you to play with them.
Which Cara Carmina creation you like best?

2 comments:

Meeha Meeha said...

Awwww, these are to cute, I must have some for Christmas!

Sandy Ang said...

they are all so adorable !