10 Jan 2013

Vintage pocket mirror





It is amazing how much joy a little nothing can give you. Like this pocket mirror that was given to me among a few other vintage things. It is a mirror from the 60s, the kind of the free ones, given for advertisment reasons. An elegant lady on it advertises a shop of leather goods located in the centre of Athens. The phone number has only six digits (while now we have phone numbers with 10 digits in Athens). The shop name is written with greek letters but sounds "excentrique" in french when you read it, it is the way they did it back then. As soon as I saw it I remembered a similar one I used to find in one of  my mother's  drawers while playing with her jewelry. I wonder if it still exists. Only that one had another elegant lady with a big hat on it and I don't remember what it advertised. Does any one has a memory of such pocket mirrors? 






1 comment:

Meeha Meeha said...

This is such a treasure! I'm sure it makes you smile every time when you carry it in your purse...